Blueface/Blue/Queen angel??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bix

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just brought this home from the LFS, sold as a blueface angel. I thought in the store it looked like pictures of small blueface's I've seen but when I got home I noticed that it looks a lot like a queen angel too.

I've read that they are hard to tell apart when they are small but what do you think?

Let me know if you need better pics he's a little spooked by the camera right now so don't want to stress him out by taking a bunch all at once.

Also the LFS I brought it home from isn't really my LFS it was about an hour drive, I called around to see who had one in stock and they were the only ones.

Attachments

• Kitchener-20100925-00076.jpg
    Kitchener-20100925-00076.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Kitchener-20100925-00075.jpg
    Kitchener-20100925-00075.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Kitchener-20100925-00073.jpg
    Kitchener-20100925-00073.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 92
It's a Blue Bluefaced Queen angelfish XD It's very difficult to tell when juvenile because their colorations and body form are so similar, but if you can get a better pic without any interference from bag, net, etc. then it will help.

I will when I can, he's still a little shy and hides when I walk up to the tank.

Just found this one:

Blue Angelfish, Holacanthus bermudensis

Looks a lot like the juvenile picture at the bottom...

I was hoping for a blueface.... it's quite the drive though and not sure about their return policy on things like this.

It's still a pretty angel though and I got it about $50 cheaper than my real LFS quoted me on a blueface...

Yes, bermudensis...very different juvenile phase than a blueface. I'm not sure how an lfs can confuse the two juvenile forms since they are so different unless there is a major price difference in your area and they conscientiously sold you the wrong fish.

I think it was more of the latter.. I must have said blueface about 15 times. Well now I feel pretty dumb.

I wonder if they will give me my money back or just give store credit. Only 1 way to find out I guess...

Just called them and should be able to get a full refund its sounding like.

I still feel pretty dumb haha

Thanks for the help!!!

Between the queen/blue and the blueface?

I can't find a blueface within driving distance, but they quoted me at $150 to get a blueface and I got the angel I have now for $90.

Might have to go mail order on this one, my LFS has an emperor which I also love so might go that route too, undecided at this point.

I think it was more of the latter.. I must have said blueface about 15 times. Well now I feel pretty dumb.

I wonder if they will give me my money back or just give store credit. Only 1 way to find out I guess...
Just called them and should be able to get a full refund its sounding like.

I still feel pretty dumb haha

Thanks for the help!!!

Back
Top Bottom