BML SoLunar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sk3lly

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello guys,
I recently purchased a solunar controller from BML, maybe 3/4 weeks ago now.

It seems to of developed a number of faults already :(

Fade function appears to be not working

Also the text on the display has gone funny

Also the time speed up function to test your created programs is not working

Not overly impressed with this considering the cost of the product and the extra outlay to get this into the UK.

Hopefully this can be resolved by BML.

Just a heads up to anyone looking yo buy. Its a new product so might be worth holding off until gremlins have been ironed out, especially if your not in the US

That's rather dis-heartening, have you been in contact with them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ive emailed them just now. Guess i will wait and see.

The problem is returning/repairing/exchanging will be harder from the UK

That's the upside I guess.. it's a downloaded fix.. can't charge import tax on that!! Well not yet anyways haha

Bml have responded. They are aware of the problems and are working to get a remote fix. Fingers crossed

That's a pretty generic statement.. they should send you a manual dimmer in the meantime.. something...

That's a pretty generic statement.. they should send you a manual dimmer in the meantime.. something...

By the time they have paid shipping and import tax on it, it would become like a $80 manual dimmer lol

I'm not trying to start anything here but faulty expensive electronics?? It seems as though a swift something should be in the works.. be it a bug fix, dimmer, or brand new carrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! Well maybe not the car but you know what I mean...

I'm not trying to start anything here but faulty expensive electronics?? It seems as though a swift something should be in the works.. be it a bug fix, dimmer, or brand new carrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! Well maybe not the car but you know what I mean...

Yes your right. I know you are. I guess im just scared if i push too much they may not help resolve it. Might be a right pain in the **** to fight and resolve

mehhh I'm a pita with this kind of stuff.. i guess as long as they gave some.reassurance they were working towards a swift resolution and you're good with it. That's all that matters...

Is it something BML makes, or resells? If they resell, they can make their vendors suck the cost of faulty hardware (if it's hardware). If it's software based that can be updated, give it time. Expecting a manual dimmer to be shipped to the UK by the time a firmware update comes out is a little overzealous. You could pick up a manual dimmer locally on the cheap. It's not a complicated piece of equipment. Just a variable resistor with an enclosure. There are youtube videos to make your own.

Tho I'm a bit fortunate, I could drive back down to them and throw it through their window. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Is it something BML makes, or resells? If they resell, they can make their vendors suck the cost of faulty hardware (if it's hardware). If it's software based that can be updated, give it time. Expecting a manual dimmer to be shipped to the UK by the time a firmware update comes out is a little overzealous. You could pick up a manual dimmer locally on the cheap. It's not a complicated piece of equipment. Just a variable resistor with an enclosure. There are youtube videos to make your own.

Tho I'm a bit fortunate, I could drive back down to them and throw it through their window. ;)

Its their own product and tbh i shouldn't have to make my own dimmer.

Dang... sorry to hear about this. I just want to follow along in hopes a solution is found. But yeah, I'd be upset to say the least when it comes to premium products with known defects. I hope they stop selling them until they can fix the issue. They're losing reputation points if they don't.

I wasn't suggesting that you "should", just that it's a more immediate option, in addition to picking one up locally if it's absolutely needed *now* and can't wait for an exchange/return across the planet or for a firmware upgrade.

Another update from BML....

They reckon they have an update ready to go tomorrow. Which gauging by the times i get their emails will be thursday for me. **** time difference!!

On a plus note i have spotted baby amano shrimp in my tank. Thats a first in my 9 months as a fishkeeper :)

Good to hear that there's a possible fix sooner than later.

But wait.. baby amano shrimp? I thought they couldn't reproduce in FW?

Good news!! Wait..what?!?! I've heard they're mainly brackish water spawners..those are worth a couple bucks there im sure..

Last edited:
I did only see them with lights off so im not 100% yet, but im pretty sure they were not red like my other shrimp. I didnt want to spook them by turning the light on fast

Back
Top Bottom