Bn pleco aggression??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmarine

Aquarium Advice FINatic
After selling all the fish in my 55 gallon, except for me bn pleco, a week later (today) i introduced 6 new cichlids into the tank. The strange thing is, my pleco is chasing them! I have never seen this before and thought plecos really kept to themselves! I'm kinda worried, cuz these are quite expensive cichlids and i don't want the pleco to hurt them! Anybody else have pleco aggression with other fish? Anybody know whats goin on with mine?

Could he kill my peacocks though? Should i sell him to the lfs and get a new, smaller one?

Unlikely. Keep in mind that since they are cichlids they are used to a bit of fighting.

I agree with Mebbid. If you are concerned, you can certainly trade him out. Or, try putting him in a time-out or re-arranging the tank. IME, bnp usually don't care a ton about other fish. But, they can be territorial. You just happen to have a more than average territorial one. I have never actually seen a bnp damage another fish, even a small one. So, I wouldn't be too concerned. Like I said though, try re-arranging the tank or putting him a time out for a day or 2 if you are worried.

K, i just paid a lot of money for these guys and they are really stunning so i don't want anything to happen to them! Mine is about 5-6 inches, and i've heard a few rumors about plecos suddenly becoming carnivorous so i got worried lol!

Back
Top Bottom