boesemani rainbows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blizowman1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so im in the process of getting everything i need for my 90g i bought im planning on having it heavily planted eventually. ill be moving everything from my 29g to my 90g including my plants my driftwood and maybe some of the gravel. i keep my 29g at 80 degrees and am prbably planning on keeping my 90g somewhere at the same temp. i am really intersted in these fish the more i see them in tanks will they be ok in a higher temp like 80. if not i guess ill have to adjust my temp to be right.(which is?) and are the compatible with angels. and changing temps from my 29g to the 90g will it end up killing my plants going to the lower temp im planning on having eco complete and a fine gravel mix.

These rainbowfish are active so they should be able to withstand bullying from your angels.

What's the male to female ratio your supposed to keep them at

I'm guessing it might be 1m 2f? Only cuz I have cherry barbs and I didn't know that I have 4m 2f , they constantly harass the females.

well my current stock list is as follows:
3 julli corys (gonna try to have 5 eventually)
2 emerald corys (thinking about giving them away they are getting really big and lazy)
4 otos
6 cardinal tetras
8 pristella tetras
2 gold pearl angelfish
1 male boesemani rainbow
1 female boesemani rainbow

i want to try and have 6 to 8 boesemani rainbows at the end of it and probably some rams or dwarf cichlids. and then really thats all i have planned. do you think i could have more fish??? i have a aquaclear70 and sunsun 303b canister running on it and once i get my plants filled in i have a nano powerhead that will keep circulation up.

If it's a 90g I'd boost all schools numbers. You could add 2 more schooling fish to complete them. Then with the bosemani I'd do 6

I would do 5 Otos and bump up the tetras schools to 10. Also the Cories to 6. And I agree, 6 Rainbows is good. When you get them if you really want their colors to come out feed them a high quality flake food like Omega one.(I believe they have flakes to help bring out colors in fish if you can find them get those) occasionally feed them blood worms for some protein. Also having the live plants will help too.

1300258852_177863891_2-boesemani-rainbow-fish-home-breed-Mumbai.jpg

499578984_4f79c06051.jpg

These aren't my rainbows but I'm hoping to get some soon.

27159_400wh.jpg

Ok so if I was to add to my current stock so it would be as follows
5 otos
6 Julii Cory's
10 cardinals
10 pristellas
2 angels
6 boesemanis
Would I still be able to add more fish to my tank later or would that be all I could fit. I would really like to have a pair of rams and a pair of cockatoo cichlids once it get a little more planted and established

That sounds great! I think a pair of Rams would be a great addition also.

You don't think a pair of rams and a pair of cockatoo dwarf cichlids would work? You think I should just stick to one or the other??

I'm not sure... I think it would work if you had a lot of hiding places. Maybe ask in the Cichlid section for better advice.

blizowman1 said:
You don't think a pair of rams and a pair of cockatoo dwarf cichlids would work? You think I should just stick to one or the other??

I'm curious if this would work with the rest of the stock you have or plan to have.

I have a predominantly rainbow tank and I'd like some cockatoos and/rams too.

Oh.... Yes I don't see why it wouldn't how big is the tank

Well I don't see why they would bother each other rainbows stay in the middle of the tank I've got angels and rainbows together in my 90g right now

Back
Top Bottom