Bolivian Fry Experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They look great!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

They look great!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Thanks!

Update:
I still have a rough count of 40 GBR's alive with them being free swimming for 1 week. I finally setup a Brine Shrimp Factory, so now ill move these little guys off First Bites, and give them live protein. Should be able to start feeding live cultures tomorrow AM.

Also started last Thursday weening them off the main tank water, and getting acclimated to tap w/ decholor w/ TDS around 200. This will be easier to give away, if they're not living in RO/DI mixed with TAP water. Most people don't go to the extremes I do with water. The only way I'll change this and go back to RO + Tank water is if I start noticing die off. But its been 4+ days an that has not happend, so I think I am in the clear.

Update: Survival rate with the GBR vs the Bolivians is much much higher with my 2nd attempt at fry... 18 days into them being free swimming and they're doing exceptional. I got my brine shrimp factory line running, and a constant supply of baby brine! They're getting much bigger, personally I think the growth rate vs the Bolivians is much much faster.

Any ways, here are pics of the GBR Fry

Vf9l9pvWwZj4BzxoCmMA-UzwTSk_FA8xSg5HVP2EQqM=w1284-h963-no

C2bufj-KBHwJKPdbje38SK_ES6HnL44pCmHco7Ln19I=w1284-h963-no

Growth of GBR vs Bolivian is crazy! The bolivians seemed to grow exceptionally slow, where as these GBR's are getting big, and fast! Already seeing their dorsal fins!

GBR:
Gc3umOGFdMAjSHqdPoV90gGrfGWuDYphgZo0mtRus3s=w1284-h963-no

Bolivian:
CoIE_1_51kc3Fy23GAaQ76J_qHSDVwT8w-ZON8OPAfg=w1284-h963-no

Back
Top Bottom