Bolivian Ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeatherW

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have a female bolivian ram that I recently moved from my qt tank to my 90 gallon tank. she has something sticking out of her - this isn't how they lay eggs is it? it is the only thing I can think of. she doesn't look injured just like something is coming out of her. these are not the best pics, but it was all i could get. she is NOT on the bottom of the tank... she is up higher by the heater

Attachments

• IMG_1803.jpg
    IMG_1803.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1804.jpg
    IMG_1804.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1806.jpg
    IMG_1806.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 59
Pixes are not clear. Can you reshoot and describe in detail what it looks like?

Like the other user said, better pics will help. From what I can tell (and I don't know anything about your type of fish really) is that they look like fins? But if you see something that looks abnormal, there's a possibility it could be a parasite? I had red worm-like/hair-like things hanging out of my fish for a while, turned out that was camallanus. I don't see the red wormy things in your picture (but then again a better picture would help).

Good luck!!

thanks guys! it was not fins, but she died tonight and I am not sure what it was. thanks for the help anyway

Back
Top Bottom