Arizona Fish Rescue Fish Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AzFishRescue-PPP

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all!! Here's a few photos of the fish room!! It has 30+ tanks housing a huge assortment of fish that have all been rescued!! What do I mean by rescue?? Its when people don't want their fish anymore but don't know what to do with them :( That's where we (myself and friends/volunteers) come in, break down the tank, put the fish in buckets and take it all away to the fish room!! All donations like fish, tanks, filters, bubblers, decora and more get cleaned up or thrown away if too bad/unusable (fish thru medical quarantine), and then rehomed for 30% of what the bigwigs ask. Everything rescued goes back to the fish in one way or another. My Goal is to help all fish in need of new homes as I temporarily take them in and try to find them new forever homes!! Thanks for taking time out of your day to read this!!

- Arizona Fish Rescue Pendley's Plentiful Pets
20240510_115706.jpg20240510_115712.jpg20240510_115726.jpg

I can just picture it now, some nice little person called you and said" I bought his nice little goldfish for my 5 gallon tank. The salesperson said it would be fine. They were WRONG!!!! Look how big it got!!! This is our third tank upgrade and it's still growing!! 😱" ;)

I can just picture it now, some nice little person called you and said" I bought his nice little goldfish for my 5 gallon tank. The salesperson said it would be fine. They were WRONG!!!! Look how big it got!!! This is our third tank upgrade and it's still growing!! 😱" ;)
YOUR SO SO RIGHT!!! I get calls like this weekly! this is why I set up the fish room!!

YOUR SO SO RIGHT!!! I get calls like this weekly! this is why I set up the fish room!!
As a veteran of the tropical fish business, I have heard that story probably as many times as you have. LOL It's actually sad imo that there are people still in the biz that do that to poor unsuspecting people. :( Not that I haven't been guilty of it myself, unintentionally, with a marine fish. The wholesaler got these cute little groupers (2"-3") in and they were cheap so I got a few since I had customers with some large tanks for groupers. The wholesaler said they remained small"ish" so I told the customers the same thing " as my supplier told me..." They were called Bumblebee Groupers ,pomacrops lancelatus ( it's been reclassified to Epinephelus lanceolatus since then) . Here's the fact sheet on them: Queensland Groper, Epinephelus lanceolatus (Bloch, 1790) 😲

Back
Top Bottom