Bolivian rams with gold gouramis??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ducks

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have a 35g established tank with a pair of gold gouramis in it with lots of plants and driftwood. 5 green corydoras and a pleco.

My grandpa is getting rid of his 3 Bolivian rams and I was hoping to take them cause they're beautiful fish but I'm worried since the aren't an aggressive fish that the gouramis might bully them.

Any thoughts??

As for tank size and stocking level I'm not sure, but I had 3 Opaline Gourami's in my tank for 2 months with Bolivians and German Rams with no problems at all, Bolivians if a good size are more than capable of handling Gourami's.

Borderlesscott said:
As for tank size and stocking level I'm not sure, but I had 3 Opaline Gourami's in my tank for 2 months with Bolivians and German Rams with no problems at all, Bolivians if a good size are more than capable of handling Gourami's.

Ok thanks, sounds good :)

I haver a Bolivian Ram in my 20 gal with a Dwarf Gourami and they get along fine. My Gourami like to chase my ram around the tank every now and then but the little game only lasts a few moments and no one is ever hurt. He just like to chase and my ran is used to it now. ;) I would imagine that the Rams would get along fine with the gold gouramis since they have lots of plants to hide in. You just want to keep an eye in them.

Pawtrekker said:
I haver a Bolivian Ram in my 20 gal with a Dwarf Gourami and they get along fine. My Gourami like to chase my ram around the tank every now and then but the little game only lasts a few moments and no one is ever hurt. He just like to chase and my ran is used to it now. ;) I would imagine that the Rams would get along fine with the gold gouramis since they have lots of plants to hide in. You just want to keep an eye in them.

Thanks for the sharing of experience :)

Back
Top Bottom