Boraras micros feeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtanee

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys
I just purchased some boraras micros(at least I'm pretty sure that's the boraras strain they are) for my 6 gallon tank. I'm having a hard time getting them to eat. I have tried hikari micro pellets that I had used to feed my threadfin rainbows and my badis. I don't want to go out and buy a mess of things without knowing what might work. Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe frozen daphnia.
Also I got one fish in the bag with these guys and I didn't see him til I got home and I don't know what he is!!! Maybe some one can ID him. Its the one with the stripe. He's longer than the other ones.

Sent from my XT907 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1407651584132.jpg
    1407651584132.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 112
You can just grind some flakes up into a powder. I used a mortar and pestle to grind a decently large quantity of flake, pellets, and algae wafers that I use for my micro fish. Frozen baby brine shrimp is another good option.

The fact that your fish is already as long as your guppy suggests to me it isn't a species of Bororas at all, so not a dwarf rasbora.

It looks like Rasbora dusonensis

I find this interesting, because the last two or three shipments of spotted dwarf rasbora (Bororas maculatus) I have ordered at work have turned out to be something different and they have a dark stripe like your fish. I suspect our suppliers are sending rasbora fry and calling them Bororas!!

Pip I'm not saying that one is a boraras. The boraras aren't pictured. I'm saying this one was in the bag with the others when I got home. He looks entirely different. Which is why I couldn't figure out what he is. Hes much thinner and longer than my other guys. I didn't check the bag before I left the guys house. :/ I'll look up that name and see if it matches!

Pip- it looks pretty similar. I got these guys straight out of the box from a shipment from Indonesia so the are all quite skinny right now.maybe when he fattens up he will look more like the pictures

Pip- it looks pretty similar. I got these guys straight out of the box from a shipment from Indonesia so the are all quite skinny right now.maybe when he fattens up he will look more like the pictures

Sorry, I misunderstood :)
We started getting odd ones of these guys in with B. maculatus. Our supplier lists a fish they call 'glass' dwarf rasbora, which also have a stripe. i will see what scientific name they list them as and compare, but I am fairly sure your fish is the one I suggest. As you say, once they fatten up you should know more.

Thank you! I didn't even look in the bag before I left. I asked for 5 boraras and a got 6 fish somehow.

Back
Top Bottom