Bored with tank layout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm Okay on the top I'd add one piece of driftwood pick one with an interesting shape for the second I'd add a lot bigger pieces of driftwood I'd also pick easy plants to take care of like java fern, anubias to attach to the wood and anacharis

Ok, I have some DW but it's large for the tank. Is there anything I can do with what I have t make it look Better?

All the plants you have are more mid to background. If you got some smaller foreground or small mid plants it would fill better and look better. I'd def add driftwood though. If it's too big maybe you could cut it up. I made a piece out of a few cut pieces. I can show you if you want.

I'd love to see some pics! I know petsmart has some like grasses or something..... Any ideas for grass or of the such?

If you are talking about Mondo grass (I know my PetSmart stocks it) it it not true aquatic though. Not sure why they sell it. Mine doesn't have awhile bunch of variety but they are starting to turn they plants around. Been getting some nice java ferns. Java ferns would be good.
If you put dw in you could get some anubis.
Are there any lfs in your area? other than the chain stores.

Wow beautiful! I have aqua tropics but I dont trust them. They aren't very good with the fish even though they have a large stock. Every time I go there they. Have fin rot ich or anything else like that. Idk if they have any good plants, only place that has java moss though

Thanks, but I still have lots of work to do. Well check their plants, it's worth a try. If you don't buy from there then PetSmart seems like your only local option. And if they stock the same as mine than they won't keep you happy.
You could get some java moss...it tends to go crazy though.

I have 4 LFS
Petco
Petsmart
Aqua tropics
Pet supermarket
The last one has little fish but lots of plants, I'll look into it. Any low growing grasses I can look for?

Pet Supermarket has plants? wow. Mine only has fish but I don't go there really.

I have dwarf hairgrass....it hasn't done much yet. In a few weeks I'll be making root tabs with my friend and I'm going to put them everywhere.

sagittaria is another one I have..it's grass like.

Grass and carpet plants tend to be more pricey.

What kind of lighting is on your tank now?

Two t8 15 watts for 7 hrs a day also has 6 inches of tank in front of a window

Ha oh yeah, forgot to ask which tank are we talking about? Forgot there were 2 -_-
I've been talking about the 2nd one. I'm not good with small tanks and plants...I like plants too much now to try a small tank. But the plants we've talked about so far could work for either.

If you wanted swords you may or may not have to upgrade lighting. I've read they will do fine with lower light as long as you dose ferts (they are heavy root feeders). I know there are some types of sword that are less demanding as well.

You can use this site to see what catches your eye. I like it a lot.
Plant Finder - Encyclopedia of Aquarium Plants

Ha Ha! with the lights i was talking about the second one, i belive the fist has the same, but only one. ill look intoo the site.

Back
Top Bottom