Bosmani rainbow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike921

Aquarium Advice Regular
Got home today and notice to me what looks like eggs hangin from one of my Bosmani rainbow. What should I do? Haha I have an external breeding thing I forget what is called I got it to have my giant danio fry in a while ago I have a ten gallon which small bluegill in until I get a 110 for then and a new set up in a ten with Mexican dwarf crayfish that's not yet cycled.

Attachments

• image-3968125111.jpg
    image-3968125111.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 100
  • image-1524458663.jpg
    image-1524458663.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 110
I think you'll find that is an autralian rainbow.

They are egg scatterers, usually spreading their eggs among fine leaved plants. That looks very strange - almost like a constipated fish with trailing faeces, but with bubble stuck to it to!

I think you'll find that is an autralian rainbow. They are egg scatterers, usually spreading their eggs among fine leaved plants. That looks very strange - almost like a constipated fish with trailing faeces, but with bubble stuck to it to!

Ok that's a relief haha in not set up for fry. Have 2 pictus a spotted Raphael and about half a dozen kuhlis in there. So should I just not feed these guys for a few days? And ok they were labeled Bosmani rainbows but I wasn't sure the colors not really coming out yet

I have just started breeding ornate rainbows and I have realised that they lays eggs along plants and other ornaments, so I think your rainbow is just in the process of laying its eggs

I have just started breeding ornate rainbows and I have realised that they lays eggs along plants and other ornaments, so I think your rainbow is just in the process of laying its eggs

Sorry for the late response after a while I found out that was them laying eggs just had trouble getting the eggs out. It seemed but after breeding Cory's I found out like the Cory's hold their eggs when they lay them the rainbows do something similar. Which makes sense since they both will lay eggs on leaves

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom