Bottled Mineral Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bovaiboy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi
I'm just starting out and as a result have a quick question.....

Can you use bottle mineral water in a tropical set up rather than tap water???

I think I read somewhere that you can, but now can't find said reference so here I am!

Cheers

I am surely no expert but I seem to remember reading that mineral h2o wasnt a good substitute for tap cause of varing mineral contents :mrgreen:

i use natrual spring water, or any type of bottled water that is filtered by RO. You can buy your own RO filter on ebay which saves you money anf trips to the store in the long run.

xxmoorishmanxx said:
i use natrual spring water, or any type of bottled water that is filtered by RO. You can buy your own RO filter on ebay which saves you money anf trips to the store in the long run.

Wow so I could use my filtered h2o from the tap and fridge?? Instead of using a declorinator??

[center:7b68f63166] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA, bovaiboy!! :n00b: [/center:7b68f63166]
I second RM's question. Most FW fish do just fine in tap water with dechlor added.

Thanks for the advice

I have just bought a 10g tank (space a premium unfortunatly). I think my tap water is extremly hard and when I filled it there was alot of 'scum' on the surface (limestone or calcium deposits maybe) so just wondered about using mineral water as an alternative.

Back
Top Bottom