Bottom dwelers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stephen Rollins

Aquarium Advice Freak
IS it okay to have different bottom dwelers.

Ie having 6 Cory's ,3 kuhlis, 5 shrimp, 3 crabs, 2 rubber lip pleco

Is this okay or bad ?

Yeah you can have different types. No crabs though. Most require brackish water, and are not fully aquatic. Plus, I believe they night try to hurt the other fish.

George9 said:
Yeah you can have different types. No crabs though. Most require brackish water, and are not fully aquatic. Plus, I believe they night try to hurt the other fish.

Okay no crabs but every thing else in the bottom will get along?
That would be so awesome

Stephen Rollins said:
Okay no crabs but every thing else in the bottom will get along?
That would be so awesome

Yes, everything else will get along. Make sure if you get any other fish, that they are not big enough to eat the shrimp. But I think you'll be fine

George9 said:
Yes, everything else will get along. Make sure if you get any other fish, that they are not big enough to eat the shrimp. But I think you'll be fine

Sweet. Thanks for the help :)

It will depend on how large your tank is and the available floor space as well.

BN Plecos can get territorial esp with each other.
And need multiple hiding spots.

Kuhlis and Cories prefer Sand.

Shrimp need live plants.

Lots of factors. Feeding all your bottom dwellers can get tricky also. But in theory yes, it can work if you take all their needs into account.

Coursair said:
It will depend on how large your tank is and the available floor space as well.

BN Plecos can get territorial esp with each other.
And need multiple hiding spots.

Kuhlis and Cories prefer Sand.

Shrimp need live plants.

Lots of factors. Feeding all your bottom dwellers can get tricky also. But in theory yes, it can work if you take all their needs into account.

I have gravel rock. No sand. I plan on getting a few live plants. And I think I just I'm not going with the rubber pleco. They get too big.

My tank is a 60 gallon , long

Back
Top Bottom