Bottom feeder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's great for you too. Not everyone is as concerned about the fish pooping.

Pictus cats would be another option in a tank of that size.

Well that's great for you too. Not everyone is as concerned about the fish pooping.

Pictus cats would be another option in a tank of that size.

Anyone with Centrals and Souths should be, many of those fish are very prone to HLLE.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Anyone with Centrals and Souths should be, many of those fish are very prone to HLLE.

The cause is WIDELY speculated, and unknown. To suggest that it's a result of nitrates is very misleading.

HLLE is caused by poor nutrition and/or poor water quality, it's not speculated it's fact. Regardless wether or not they contract HLLE many of the river fish from South and Central American are very sensitive to poor water quality and there's no reason to add additional fish into a system where they play no beneficial role besides adding more waste into the water column.

It is very obvious at this point that the OP's question has been answered. The fact that we have been arguing about HLLE, which is completely off topic, is proof of that. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom