Bottom feeders with sand substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougmatt21

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I want to put a bottom feeder in my cochlid tank which has sand as the substrate could i do that or cud he choke on the sand?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392397210.716132.jpg

Ok thanks i was scared to do it but i also need something that wont get beat up by my cichlids and that will eat the leftover food

African 6 yellow labs a acei and a venustus.. I have an auratus also but im giving him back and a 55 gallon

African 6 yellow labs a acei and a venustus.. I have an auratus also but im giving him back and a 55 gallon

What size tank? I wouldn't put any bottom feeders in period unless the tank is bigger. Looks like a 29g. The Africans will torment whatever else you put in that's not African

You would be good, if you get clown loaches, get a piece of 1.5inch PVC and put it in there they will act like its a small little clown car and jam into it, I love it. A school of them would be perfect for your tank. IMO

You would be good, if you get clown loaches, get a piece of 1.5inch PVC and put it in there they will act like its a small little clown car and jam into it, I love it. A school of them would be perfect for your tank. IMO

No they wouldn't. Clown loaches get way too big for 55G tanks and when the poster hasn't given any indication he intends to upgrade to such a large tank suggesting clown loaches is irresponsible to be honest.

Thanks man! Huge help got any ideas for a cheaper alternative

Clown loaches can reach 2 ft. I would get a syno cat if anything. They are an African species so they will fit in

Back
Top Bottom