Box turtle eye crusts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrightyDog

Aquarium Advice Activist
it is exactly what it sounds like she has both of her eyes enCrusted bye something and I put her outside. when I did her eyes discharged liquid so I put turtle eye drops in there. what should I do to follow up the treatment should I continue the eye drops?, she is in a 60 gallon tank with pellets as the bedding she gets fed cabbage and carrots. she is the most active and loves to bask in the water bowl. Please help
img_2842047_0_d8ca045999a12f69b35f03834168a695.jpg

img_2842047_1_dae158458293223924c020c81fe28d87.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I had 3 painted turtles that got this. You can either buy the drops they sell or do what I did. I removed my turtles from my tank. Changed my filter media. Added aquarium salt to help kill the infectious bacteria. Left lights off on tank as much as possible. I had my turtles in a heated tote with fresh non chlorinated water the whole week. Changed water every day. Within a week there symptoms cleared up and they were back to normal. Put them back in the tank and it never happened again. Is it a semi aquatic box turtle?

Do you have them in really high humidity box turtles need high humidity my guess would be respiratory infection

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020N using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom