Brackish water snowflake eel.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joey17

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm gonna get one for my new tank. I just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with them?

i googled them and it appears the only thing that showed up was a saltwater eel? are you sure its brackish?

60-75 gallon tank minimum.

Treat them like a sw eel but well you know...in fw lol.

Nothing much to say other than a salinity of at least 1.007-1.010

This eel is brackish when young then becomes full fledge saltwater when an adult. I was going to get one but I did not want the commitment of being required to do a saltwater setup when needed.

75 Gallon is bare minimum.

What he said. Even adults might do ok in mid-high range brackish for as long as a year. The problem is your eel wont be able to leave and swim back into saltwater whenever it chooses to. I've found that keeping brackish water fish that tolerate a vast range of salinities are difficult to keep happy.

Actually this has been dicussed MANY times. From most reports they do not need full sw.

They are brackish really but move into saltwater from time to time for breeding or whatever case.

You can keep them in a higher salintiy just fine. They can tolerate fulll sw though if you really want to do that.

Some guy has had one in bw for 5 years now, pretty awesome set up and he raises the salinity every once in a while.

Yeah, fishbase says they are freshwater, brackish, and marine. I'm assuming they prefer brackish.

Back
Top Bottom