Brads breeding thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bradw18

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I made a post in the introduction then seen there was a place for breeding fish so forgive me for my double post.

Iv been slowly getting into saltwater as we'll as freshwater. It all started with me looking for a tank bigger than 70 gallon (which was the biggest I had at the time). Found a guy on Craigslist that had several tanks for sale so I gave him a call and he had much more than I had bargained for. I went to just pick up a 135 gallon but came home with much much more and went back with my car trailer to get even more!!!!

The guy had breed fish for over 30 years and due to health reasons he had to abandon his set up. Lucky me I was at the right place right time to buy all his tanks equipment ect. Pics are of me coming home with what would be one of many loads.

Right now I have a breeding pair of angels that bred 5 days ago I'm waiting for the wiggles to be swimmers. ( lucky they survived the hour ride home). I have endlers that have already breed. A few fancy guppies and going to pick up a pair of discus next week. I'm thrilled at how it's all turned out so far. I love the thread that Andy has started I finally read all 31 pages and got a lot of insight on angels behavior.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the guys set up I got everything from

My setup so far

I built this before I went and picked up a 100 more tanks [URL=http://s482.photobucket.com/user/bradw18_s10/media/B5F930B5-6012-4E21-8A58-1BE188C28AB7_zpsdvchqfpe.jpg.html

You should set up tanks to breed a large variety of fish. I recommend bolivian Rams, Kribensis, cherry shrimp, corydoras species, peacock gudgeons, swordtails, cherry barbs, and gouramis. Those are popular around here at least.

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

I hope to iv been looking on eBay at what's selling good and looking through sellers feedback to see what is actually selling. Crystal red shrimp blue velvet shrimp assassin snails and even pairs of endlers are selling great and all are pretty cheap to raise. I have the ro/di unit too - good water Quality isn't an issue. Hopefully later in the week I'll get my second ro/di set up so I can get about 100 gallon a day of clean water.

Looks like I have one swimmer!!!! Still have about 10 wigglers hopefully by morning thell all be swimming. I got them in their own tank with a sponge filter doing small water changes everyday there in a 5 gallon for now.

My ro unit I got installed.

Little off topic but some coral came in the other day :) yes I'm getting in saltwater a little lol. Plan on setting up 3 30 breeders one for coral one for fish and the last one will be my fuge and filtration with a mag 12 return

Better pics soon

Star fish munching on my feather duster!!!

A few of the corals have been bleached because of I upgraded to a new light and didn't turn my timer down to let then acclimate properly

Looks like none of the angel fish fry survived. I'll be better prepared next time. Seems like the angles have settled into there new home quite Nicely. The fancy guppies gave birth along with another female endler have about 40 fry so far.

Good luck! What a great find. keep us posted frequently.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

We'll not many updates with the fry. None of the last batch made it past wigglers and they laid 2 nights ago but had a heater failure and temp dropped to 64. Most of the eggs turned white and they ate the eggs. I did pick up 4 pair of angles I'm waiting for them to pair off and move them to 30 gallon breeders

I got a group of 12 double dark, lace veil tale, black angels. Im only lookin for 2-3 pairs out of them. If youd like any other pairs after i select the 2 pairs, id be willing to help ya out for just the shipping. Maybe even cover shipping if im sending a bunch of stuff out then. i like aiding an addict like myself. Lol. They are very nice quality. I got them from a breeder in kansas city.

Attachments

• 1429843828253.jpg
    1429843828253.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 64
I got a group of 12 double dark, lace veil tale, black angels. Im only lookin for 2-3 pairs out of them. If youd like any other pairs after i select the 2 pairs, id be willing to help ya out for just the shipping. Maybe even cover shipping if im sending a bunch of stuff out then. i like aiding an addict like myself. Lol. They are very nice quality. I got them from a breeder in kansas city.

That would help me out tons!!! I don't have any all black angle fish yet. I'd be more then happy to pay shipping plus send some money your way just let me know when you get your pairs. Iv been setting up tanks like crazy the past few days. I was able to pick up a female discus the other day. To bad I don't have a male to go with her yet.

One of my new pairs of angles have laid. I took the whole week off from work so hopefully these will make it. Hope the other 3 pair will lay soon I'm gonna have a whole lot of wiggles very soon

Back
Top Bottom