Brand New to Hobby...No Clue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cybanez

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have just started a tank and I am brand new to saltwater. I had an extra 2.5 gallon tank sitting around and a friend had some rock in a storage unit (non climate control in south Texas, believe it or not). I decided we should put it into the tank and see what happened. The first week some small nubs appeared. Then after about 3 weeks these small green guys appeared. I have no idea what they are and if they are good or bad. I'd like to know so I can either take care of them or get rid of them! I only have the rocks and some polyps in the tank. No fish or inverts other than a brittle worm that somehow survived the storage unit.
It has been a very interesting experiment so far. I am amazed that anything survived 90+ degrees for 6 months. I really didn't expect anything, just thought I'd cycle the tank for future use. I will admit though, I'm addicted. Can't wait to get a bigger tank and get some real stuff going!

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 288
look like green zooanthids, 6 months out of the water. that is pretty extreme

how in the world did they survive out of the water for that long

Thank you all so much for the identification help!

I am very excited that they did manage to survive so long. I'll do my best to give them a good life.
I'm sure I'll be back with more questions.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom