Breeding cichlids HELP!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jdavid71

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am about to try to breed cichlids, and I'm not sure which species are the easiest. Can someone make a list of cichlids that are easy to breed?

:thanks:

Only one i can think of that is really easy is convicts. A clay pot works great for a nest

Also what experience do you have with Cichlids?

Just to warn you, breeding cichlids is EXPENSIVE. You would be lucky to break even. But do what you want. I would get a 40 gal breeder and breed a pair of convicts.

Once the Cons breed, you'll need a fry tank at least 10 gal. Then you'll need a grow out tank for the fry. 29 will work for awhile.

Finding someone to sell your fish to is rough.

Good luck

Also what experience do you have with Cichlids?

Just to warn you, breeding cichlids is EXPENSIVE. You would be lucky to break even. But do what you want. I would get a 40 gal breeder and breed a pair of convicts.

Once the Cons breed, you'll need a fry tank at least 10 gal. Then you'll need a grow out tank for the fry. 29 will work for awhile.

Finding someone to sell your fish to is rough.

Good luck

I have kept south american, african, and central american cichlid. Also, would kribensis be good.

Back
Top Bottom