Breeding Cory cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joeyjoelyjoepro

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone, I was wondering if there was any easy way to breed Cory cats. I have a 15 gallon community tank.
Thanks,

I doubt you will succeed in a community tank. If the eggs don't get eaten the fry will. If you purchase a 10gal, sponge filter and heater they are easy to breed. Cycle out the ten gal with the heater in on 76-78f. Put your 4-6 corys in and let them get settled for a week or two. While they settle stuff them with regular food, frozen brine shrimp (Live baby brine shrimp if you got them) and frozen bloodworms. feed 2-3 times daily. When they are ready, just take 2 pieces of 2x4 or what ever and place it over the tank. Freeze several water bottles solid. Take a frozen bottle punch a few holes in it and set it on the 2x4s so that it drips in the tank while melting. You can also take a large cup of tank water and put it in the frige for 2 hours before the drip starts and add it when you put the bottle up there to melt. You will have eggs in less than a week as long as the fish are mature.

Back
Top Bottom