breeding dalmation mollies.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LiL_NaVy_DuDe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just got a successful batch of ssix baby fish breezed from a Dalmatian Molly and a creamsicle lyretail Molly. If I were to put them in another tank say a 10 gallon; what would be the best suitable conditions for them? So that they survive and grow.

ForumRunner_20130304_210928.jpg

Fry all need 3 basic things, warmth, cleanliness, and a variety of foods.

I'd keep the temp at about 78, do twice weekly water changes, and give them the best foods you have available. I dont keep mollies anymore, but I always offer my Endler fry Microworms for the first couple weeks then move to baby brine shrimp and eventually crushed flakes.

Mollies will do fine going straight for crushed flakes with no issue though, just make sure they are of good quality to keep their growth rates up!

Fry all need 3 basic things, warmth, cleanliness, and a variety of foods.

I'd keep the temp at about 78, do twice weekly water changes, and give them the best foods you have available. I dont keep mollies anymore, but I always offer my Endler fry Microworms for the first couple weeks then move to baby brine shrimp and eventually crushed flakes.

Mollies will do fine going straight for crushed flakes with no issue though, just make sure they are of good quality to keep their growth rates up!

Do I have to keep the female Molly with them? Or should I leave them alone.?

If you want to keep the babies alive, either make sure your tank is heavily decorated/planted, put the mom in a breeder net when she goes in labor, or you can put the mom in a seperate tank and let the fry stay in the current one.

Most live bearing fish WILL eat their fry if given a chance. A heavily planted tank helps prevent it, the best way is a breeder net with floaters and moss for the fry to hide in till you are able to remove the female.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom