Breeding/Fry tank plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.waffles1842

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello everyone! I figured while im setting up a new QT tank, why not set up a fry or breeding tank too? Id like to see your thoughts on this.

Im hoping to have completely sand as a substrate. Im also looking into some live plants that make a nice canopy for them to hide in, and i also plan on plenty of java moss. this is a 10 gallon tank btw.

i figure illtry my hand at platys, guppies, and other livebearers, then move on to stuff like gouramis, gbrs and the like.

i posted on the other one and il post here :p
i agree! go for livebearers and get experience, then go more complicated. do ur other tanks ever get fry in?
and apparantly java moss is great for hiding fry and feeding them.
i have a 10gal breeder, its good enough to grow them in :)

aww what do u have that breed? its amazing that they are so happy as to breed, shame about the fact they are moving fish food :(

ive had 2 silver mollies, 27 baby molly deaths :(. ive also had baby gouramis, but they aer all across the town now. al 3 that survived! but my grandpa gave me a BEATIFUL honey gourami, and i want to get a whole line from him. thats the real reason i set this tank up. lol

aww good luck! honeys are stunning. if they were compatible with my fish id have one XL
they need pretty picky conditions to breed, but sounds like ur good at that anyway :) x

lol, ive only had them breed by accident. im planning on getting a black curtain so that way they will be calm. oh, and im using crushed up omega one and a wet toothpick for feeding.

yeah.., so i also decided id get a container that hangs on to the side of the tank and that will be my place to put the mommy and daddy fish until i get them to the community tank.

well, if i want to breedd 2 platys, ill take them to my breeder. then if they produce offspring ill put them in the container to keep the babies safe, then ill just move them back to the community.

maybe you could add in some really tall plants with them so they "dance" around them... would be so cool! what colours? veiltail or norm? x

Back
Top Bottom