breeding german blue rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plecopsycho

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok i got 3 female german blue rams and 1 male thats a little older then them.....ive been trying to breed them but it seems impossible for any of them to accept the male and i cant put them all in a seperate tank.....im trying to breed them in a clmmunity tank and it seems impossible to breed them. What should i do to make one breed with the male...i really want ram fry

You are going to have to wait for one to pair up with him. You cant force them to breed.
You may have to introduce a couple more males, you'll have a better chance atleast one pair then.

yeah, once they get older, but in the juvenile stage, which is what you'll need to get them at, they'll get along fairly well (some chasing) and that's the age they begin to pair up, once you notice pairs then you can seperate the pair, and then rehome the rest.

No, an older male can pair up, but they start pairing as juveniles and spend a lot more time working on getting a pair. Older males get kind of lazy, but any age juvenile and up of GBR can pair up

I say add another male it will increase your chances of pairing just by having a better ratio and also competition always helps with pairing.

I say add another male it will increase your chances of pairing just by having a better ratio and also competition always helps with pairing.

yes, that's true. but it also increases the chance of one killing the other. i would add one male and take out the one that's proven to not able to pair with the rest of the rams

Well im not going to give away my male he looks awesome and im too attached....he chases the female around a little,does that mean hes trying to breed?

Wait and btw this brings up another question. Is the brine shrimp actually the "sea monkeys" you can buy and raise?

yes, that's true. but it also increases the chance of one killing the other. i would add one male and take out the one that's proven to not able to pair with the rest of the rams

I thought we were looking for ways of doing it without removing his male?

Back
Top Bottom