Breeding Gold gouramis!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kauriminhinnick

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok soo I have a 30L tank with 2 gold gouramis, 2 blue gouramis and a dwarf gourami. (and yes i know that its a pretty cramped tank) I'm pretty sure I have a male and female gold gourami and I was hoping to get some advice on how to go about breeding them? Thanks in advance :D

Attachments

• image-1340292043.jpg
    image-1340292043.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 73
Hey, I am going to try breeding gouramis as well so I had a read about it and I think that first of all you would have a much better chance of breeding them if you just keep the pair in a different tank. I know that sometimes they will build nests and spawn in a community tank but chances that you will get fry from that will be low due to stress caused by the other fish and the simple fact that they will have a big fry party and eat them up. Also, male gouramis get territorial and aggressive after the female spawns and will protect their nest from any other fish including the female. In a crowded tank like yours this could mean bad news for everyone. So my first advice is get a separate tank for breeding. This is a must because otherwise you will not be able to grow the fry. Can you post clearer pics of your golds? maybe you could get some help in identifying their gender

Back
Top Bottom