Breeding guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettababe1011

Aquarium Advice Addict
Know it's pretty simple, guppies will breed like crazy, but what size tank would be good for breeding the guppies in? And what special care do the fry need? I have experience with male guppies in my other tank, but I'm just a little more than clueless when it comes to guppy fry. Any suggestions and pointers would be appreciated. Thanks!

If I have lots of plants and other hiding places, will that better their chances of survival? I want some population control as well... I figure I can sell some, keep some, etc. I think the biggest I might be able to do is a twenty gallon. I have a couple tens on hand, but I really want those for qt, and one already has plans for a frog tank. So, maybe a twenty...

Breeding Guppies

Hello Betta...

I keep large tanks of Fancy Guppies and Corydoras and have always kept the fry with the rest of the fish.

I feed a well balanced diet two to three times a day and have found that by feeding all the fish this often keeps the adults well fed and they seldom bother the fry.

B

Thank you! I can definitely afford a twenty, so that is dealt with. I'll do more research online with the specifics, just figured here would be the best place to start.

Back
Top Bottom