Breeding Guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Ruutah, I'm keen to know how you went with this. Any recommendations? I've put one fry in the breeder box - hopefully more soon. I know another one is hiding somewhere lol. How fast do they grow?

Oops just saw this. I've kept mine in the breeder box. As far as I can tell they're between 3/8ths and 1/2 an inch 10-12mm? Already.

I'm moving in 10 days, I figure they'll be fine till after the move.

Sent from my LG-H343 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hithere! guppies are fancy and they make fry fast.. I have 24 fry now and 6 molly fry.. and I think my platy is having too. Luckily my other fish don't eat the new born fry as long as they have hiding spots like more plants also floating plants are good and deco. My other fry are in breeder box, some of the new born and the others are swimming around my aquarium. I feed them like 5x a day, I use regular fish flakes and grind it as much as I can for the fry. And they seems okay and healthy.. ?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi Maria, great to hear how you're going! - I've just moved my 1 fry into a smaller tank, and the adults back into the bigger tank. They can have some fun.. I'm really not sure if it's because it was their first pregnancy that they produced so few, or even if hey are still "popping" them out. Truth be told they still look a little pregnant, just not as fat as they were prior to dropping their fry. But I'm feeding ground food, my survivor is growing fast!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hi Maria, great to hear how you're going! - I've just moved my 1 fry into a smaller tank, and the adults back into the bigger tank. They can have some fun.. I'm really not sure if it's because it was their first pregnancy that they produced so few, or even if hey are still "popping" them out. Truth be told they still look a little pregnant, just not as fat as they were prior to dropping their fry. But I'm feeding ground food, my survivor is growing fast!

First pregnancy is always like that. The mother produces like 4-6 fry but after that you will be shocked, it's a lot.. we don't know also where the others. they might hiding because the first batch that I moved to breeder box, I have to move all my deco just to find them but after that my other guppy mom gave birth for new fry but this time I let them around the aquarium and as what I told they are fine, and getting more lol..

You need to separate your boys from the girls. 3 boys to 2 girls is going to create a TON of stress on the girls. They'll never get a break from being persued. Think high school boys 24/7.

You need to separate your boys from the girls. 3 boys to 2 girls is going to create a TON of stress on the girls. They'll never get a break from being persued. Think high school boys 24/7.

Yup done with that, and I think my platy will having new born fry soon because of my 2 males. So just keeping females together and new born fry and separate the makes from them

That's exactly what's happening :(

Hmm. Might put the mum as in the small tank as they are two.. And the breeding tray for the fry. Then the males can have the big tank. Sheesh. Poor fish I've been moving and grooving them a bit. Thanks All for the feedback :)

Hey, update... I have about 10 fry that look to be a few days old... I don't have a breeder box or many hiding places... but I do have a tank divider that the fry can swim through... this helps, I believe as it gives them there own room and if they want ti the can run around and get chased by the parents lol.. everything is going great!! Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mine are still growing. If we were not moving the end of this week I would let them go back in the tank with everyone. I just don't want to worry about netting everyone again. I haven't worried about cleaning the breeder box so much as the snails and one of my gourami have discovered they can suck the leftovers out the bottom.

I hope your move goes well Ruutah.

I have one fry and he is growing.. Yay! 1 survivor.. Lol

Yay! Plans changed with the move. I'm now making 2 trips... Almost 4k miles in 3-4 days... Anyway.. Gotta get back to it. At a rest stop now.

Hope your girls are getting better.

Yay! Plans changed with the move. I'm now making 2 trips... Almost 4k miles in 3-4 days... Anyway.. Gotta get back to it. At a rest stop now.

Hope your girls are getting better.

Thanks Ruutah, yes the girls are getting better! They are looking better every day! So glad i seem to attacking the right issue. Sometimes it's hard to know for sure. :)

Good luck with your moving, hard work. But exciting to have a change too. Look forward to seeing some pics of your growing bubbas, when you are settled. :)

Very cool.

I guess the heavy plant load in the tank did it's thing as we found a lone fry hiding in the water sprite. Kind of sad in the fact that 10 min prior we found one of our girls dead. Not sure what happened to her. Our fry are definitely ready to come out of the breeder net. Today is moving day though so tonight they'll get their freedom.

Guppies are the best beginners fish to have in an aquarium

i love to breed guppies

1/2 male/ female is how to start

now depending on the size of the female it can take 3 to 4 weeks for them to give birth
they dont need much just make sure you got a well planted tank or hiding spots cause females tend to eat the young males will just chase em around...

Back
Top Bottom