breeding in large amounts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

livefishguy124

Aquarium Advice FINatic
how would i set up a system to breed live bearers in large groups, i am breeding now but i would like to make my system a little more productive on limited costs (i'm not going to build a air hanger to do this) and something if i left my current location could move relative ease,

You could divide a 20 long or a 10 gallon into 5 different sections and then just leave the pair in there until they breed a few times, separate the babies and then just keep dong that until you think you have enough. Not what I would do though, that would be kinda mean to the guppies but it's a way to get them to breed.

Nils

Google continuous breeding tank, basically the fry are sucked into a separate tank, before they can be picked off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how would you suggest i do this? would like a 20 gallon split into one large part and multiple small parts going into a 20 gallon work?

Basically it's a 10 gallon tank, with two pieces making a \/ with a slit in the bottom for the fry to slip through. Then you have a wall filter that provides the suction/filter for the tank. I'll tank pics of mine tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom