Breeding Shell Dwellers/ Tank Usage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm looking to put Shellies in my fishroom and was wondering if the following setup would work-
1- 29 gallon colony tank
1- 29 growout tank for juveniles
Also, any suggestions as to what fish to put in a 20 and 29?
Preferably something fun and decently easy to breed that isn't a livebearer.

That setup looks fine. A 29 will allow for a large colony of them. They have great personalities :)

I don't know too many easier-breeding fish out there besides livebearers, but my Silvertip Tetras spawn regularly, so if you tried I bet you could breed them. (y)

bud29 said:
That setup looks fine. A 29 will allow for a large colony of them. They have great personalities :)

I don't know too many easier-breeding fish out there besides livebearers, but my Silvertip Tetras spawn regularly, so if you tried I bet you could breed them. (y)

Hmm
I think I will be turning either the 20 or 29 into a frog tank so that will leave me with one tank, which I'll probably use for show fish
Thanks though!!

Multies don't need a separate tank for fry. I purchased 4 in 2009. I can't count them all now. I have at least 70 of them. I have my colony in a 36 gallon bow front with Caribsea cichlid sand a few rocks and around 30 escargot shells that I purchased from EBay.

Back
Top Bottom