Breeding the sparkling gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snailpufferguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have moved some killifish I had in one of my 10 gallon tanks to a 60 gallon also gave 2 to a friend now it's an empty tank with one single mystery snail that's it so I decided to try to breed some fish I fell in love with sparkling gouramis because of their color and small size so I decided to try and breed some but before I go and get them can I get some help telling the difference between male and female and how many of each I should have in the tank I can't find very much online so anything helps thank you guys!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Like all gouramis the males have longer, pointed dorsal and anal fins. The females have rounded fins and are plumper. Get one male and two females. You should condition all three if you can break up the male and females that is best but not necessary. I spawned mine like bettas allowing the male to move into a 10gal for a week or so then adding a conditioned female. Within days nest eggs fry. Remove the female after the spawn is finished as her job is done.

Back
Top Bottom