Brian's 150 build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very excited to share this time! AA very cool site. I don't usually do this sort of thing but people on here inspired me. Thanks!
First time sump guy didn't trust myself to build. Maybe next time.
Fishless cycle en route!

150 gal
Refugium sump (Aqueon proflex model 4)
Eshopps dual overflow
Supreme classic mag pump MD 9.5
90 Lbs Fiji pink
Koralia mag 6

Hello Carey! I read ALOT of your posts! About 4 weeks in. Parameters are a go except for trites 0.5 but falling almost hourly. Probably start adding Wed. Lfs gets new shipment then. Still planning livestock but specifically bought big tank with triggers in mind.

As a thought, I wouldnt buy fish from a store on the day the fish get in. :-(
They are usually stressed out which can lead to a higher mortality rate. I would see if the lfs can hold them, some of mine do but they make you pay first. It takes a couple days for a fish to settle in so you want him as relaxed as possible. :)

Your gear list looks good, the only suggestion i would make is to add another powerhead.

I also never played on a forum before, this is my first forum I;ve ever joined. ;-)

The people here are great!

I have another koralia plus my return pushes pretty good. but seems to be moving alot of my sand around. Yeah, fish store I didnt mean bring home and add on shipment day but picking out and give a few days. Mine makes me pay first too!

thoughtcop22 said:
I have another koralia plus my return pushes pretty good. but seems to be moving alot of my sand around. Yeah, fish store I didnt mean bring home and add on shipment day but picking out and give a few days. Mine makes me pay first too!

Bring the PH down and point them up... Had to do the same thing... Lol

If angled right your powerheads shouldn't cause any sand stir up. I aim mine at each other and toward the glass upwards. Gives good surface agitation and also prevents any dead spots as the water streams crashing into each other create a totally chaotic flow which you need. Just keep messing with the angles of the powerhead, you'll get the sweet spot. :)

Yep! Just need to find THE spot. Think I put them just about everywhere I could fit them. Will keep trying. Powerhead in sump refugium? Yes/no?

Wouldn't have thought, I get awesome circulation. but like everything else different things work for different people.

Yep. ;-) Had 2 750's in my 55g and one in my cube too. My 20g runs 2 425's plus filter. I like alot of flow, no dead spots in my tanks

Re-installed second mag6 for more flow. Almost got them where I don't have dead spots and I'm not blowing too much substrate. My trigger tank may not work out. Neighbor has to move asked me to take tomato clowns and a scooter blennie.
Re-think in progress!

Alright! Please opine on projected (modified stock list). I had a very strict peaceful comm tank before. Moving to more aggressive species this time. My neighbor gave me 3 tomato clowns and a scooter blennie. I was initially going to do a trigger system but have discovered my tank dimensions may not be ideal. Anyway, projected load:
Flame Hawkfish
Foxface one spot
Interested in a yellow tang but system is still pretty new and I'm concerned over when to add to tank I.e., at same time or if he will be ok adding after.
Would also like stars looking at linckia
But all I ever had were the basic fancy and sand sifter
Thanks for any advice to include suggestions for other live stock!

Back
Top Bottom