Brian's ADA 60P (17g) Rimless - Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's the sequence doctor?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Following I'm going to try to read through this whole build already I ways in and there's a lot of really good information

It's a long read, lots of ups and downs and a rescape and recovery buried in here. Thanks for following. I'll be tearing this down in the coming months.. so a rescape and new thread will soon follow.

Is that both the E series and the Sat+?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yessir... Experimenting with more PAR, reds, and coverage.

What's the sequence doctor?

7 hour photoperiod with the E-Seies with a 3 hour burst of the Sat+ mixed in. Man, as soon as the Sat+ came on, literally a few minutes later, i had insane pearling. The tank looked like a giant glass of bubbly.

Lots of this around:

Oh man! You're doing some serious trail blazing over there. That's going to be a ridiculous grow out if the co2 can keep up;)
Ps. Strip is $$$$$$

Man those reds are simply perfect! Bust out the John deer and mow that lawn!

True. The top sides look like the undersides of most AR I've seen.
I saw a post on either AA, TPT, or another forum where someone attached a cordless beard trimmer to a wooden stick and siphon hose for trimming DHG. It was basically an underwater Flowbee.

I saw a post on either AA, TPT, or another forum where someone attached a cordless beard trimmer to a wooden stick and siphon hose for trimming DHG. It was basically an underwater Flowbee.

Some body ought to patent that...

CO2 and Iron made that Betta so red. Oh, wait...

(Is the right handside background near the glass baby tears?)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

CO2 and Iron made that Betta so red. Oh, wait...

(Is the right handside background near the glass baby tears?)

I think he said thats HM. Hemianthus Micranthemoides. Its like HC but grows upward.

I have yet to mow down UG.. But I will in due time. I've seen a thread in TPT that a guy took his UG clippings and put them, in any orientation, into a plastic tub with aquasoil. Used the DSM method and they grew back. I might have to try that to spread the UG wealth. ;)

hmmm, now that's a shark tank (the tv show) idea! That would make trimming moss, HC, UG, and DHG so much less of a pain.

Some body ought to patent that...

Right?!?

Yep... HM, Baby Tears in the right back corner. I really like that species. It's so underused and undervalued.

Wow Brian, this tank looks phenomenal. Great work.

Why, thank you! BTW, your astrophotography is breath taking! I just finished watching that new documentary, Cosmos, on Netflix. Your photos and that show made me want to try shooting up at the stars one day.

Hey Fresh... so our little (not-so-news-worthy, IMO) storm made it to the news there? I guess there were little flash floods, but nothing that affected me in my area. Thanks for your concern!

On another note, for you and anyone following, I trimmed my rotala rotundifolia into a bush, I removed the rotala macrandra and some ludwigia red that were behind the DW. Then I moved the DW to the back and replanted the r. macrandra and some ludwigia red in front and to the side of the dw. I think having the dw and moss to the back and not directly under the e-series will help cut back on the fuzzy green (mystery) algae I've been getting in it. Also it will help the r. macrandra to get more red being under the light. I'll see how things turn out once it grows in a bit.

iAEPZukCvi74y.JPG

Hey Fresh... so our little (not-so-news-worthy, IMO) storm made it to the news there? I guess there were little flash floods, but nothing that affected me in my area. Thanks for your concern!

On another note, for you and anyone following, I trimmed my rotala rotundifolia into a bush, I removed the rotala macrandra and some ludwigia red that were behind the DW. Then I moved the DW to the back and replanted the r. macrandra and some ludwigia red in front and to the side of the dw. I think having the dw and moss to the back and not directly under the e-series will help cut back on the fuzzy green (mystery) algae I've been getting in it. Also it will help the r. macrandra to get more red being under the light. I'll see how things turn out once it grows in a bit.

iAEPZukCvi74y.JPG

Absolutely stunning and aesthetically pleasing to the eye!

Tank looks great as always Brian! Do you mind getting an up close picture of the rotala rotundifolia? I'd like to see how it looks when grown properly. :D Don't pull out the good camera, just a smartphone picture if you don't mind.

Back
Top Bottom