Brian's ADA 60P (17g) Rimless - Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Brian! Will be following your resultd closely. The PAR from the 30 inch model @ 18 inches should be higher than ~30 right?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If it's anything like their previous PAR charts, then yes there's a small increase. However, I find it interesting that Current/Ecoxotic has the same PAR numbers across the board, regardless of the length of the fixture.

Moving day?? Leak?? Thirsty neighbor?!?!?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hopefully not the second one brookster! Hope it isn't to bad Brian!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The 24/7 was so intense it literally evaporated all the water!!

Nah.. LOL. It's moving weekend.. It's sad but had to be done. I'll see how much I can salvage the tank or bust a recape.

Hahaha... best review ever!!
So simply wrapping it up.tight in saran will give you time to move it??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah. It keeps it humid in there. I'm moving the tank ahead of time in my car to give it TLC. Then the movers are coming Sunday for the rest of my junk. It's very disruptive.. moving is such a PITA.

Yeah. It keeps it humid in there. I'm moving the tank ahead of time in my car to give it TLC. Then the movers are coming Sunday for the rest of my junk. It's very disruptive.. moving is such a PITA.

I know the feeling, I'm also moving this weekend. Fortunately for me though, I get to break up the aggravation with an auction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Awww bummer man that's sucks. I'll be moving this summer and I'm not looking forward to moving the tank, how far are you moving?

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Already own the fugeray planted plus. Might get the 24/7 after c02 and more plants.. loving this.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Awww bummer man that's sucks. I'll be moving this summer and I'm not looking forward to moving the tank, how far are you moving?

Not too far. About 30 miles. Hectic as heck though. Good luck on the move.

Already own the fugeray planted plus. Might get the 24/7 after c02 and more plants.. loving this.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's actually a lot brighter than I thought. It's a nice fixture :)

I know the feeling, I'm also moving this weekend. Fortunately for me though, I get to break up the aggravation with an auction.

What kind of auction? Fire sale?

Local aquarium club. There wasn't much there unfortunately, but it was a good time.

There's an auction going on right now with a local fish club i recently joined. They are a lot of fun and some great deals to be had. I am showing restraint by not attending (had a conflict, plans fell through). Besides, they have a big April auction that I understand can run up to 8 hours!
Good luck with the move. Last move i made i sold my big tank, stand and canopy (and fish and plants).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

There's an auction going on right now with a local fish club i recently joined. They are a lot of fun and some great deals to be had. I am showing restraint by not attending (had a conflict, plans fell through). Besides, they have a big April auction that I understand can run up to 8 hours!
Good luck with the move. Last move i made i sold my big tank, stand and canopy (and fish and plants).

Yeah this was our smallest auction it ran from 11-2, but the other 2 are usually closer to 8 hours. I won't be selling any of my stuff, instead the 100 or so tanks in storage will be getting set up in the basement.

Gosh I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to update this thread. I took a set of videos before I had to tear this puppy down for a move. I finally got around to slapping those videos together. Post-move and the tank really took a nose-dive. Fish and flora survived, but the plants basically melted away to almost nothing. What little survived, I basically had to replant and reset this tank once again. This time I'm growing everything back with the Finnex Planted+ 24/7... I'll try to do a write-up on that soon. Sorry guys.

Here's the video... :)

Tank looks lovely. Still unrivalled plant health on this forum and no sign of any algae which is rare also

Back
Top Bottom