Bribo's 20 gallon rimless reef/Eventual 40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I'm contemplating shrimp and can't decide which one I want. Here's the options:
1. Skunk cleaner: love these guys an they're on sale for $17 at my one lfs. But I've always had them.
2. Fire shrimp: awesome looking but heard they hide a ton, they're also $40
3. Golden coral banded: much much much less aggressive than normal coral bandeds and don't get as huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Id say the GCBS as you seem to have an affinity for them ;).

got all 3 love all 3 but fire shrimp yes they always hide
never seen any aggressive behavior from my cbs and i got 2 almost 4 yrs old now thats a long life span for them
i got more issues with aggression from my wife (kidding) anyway where was I oh yes
my stupid arrow crab now he's got a bad attitude
my skunk is hilarious he rides the fish across the tank
all 3 types of shrimp I have get along its that darn arrow crab I hate lol
Now if only my lobster would munch on him things would be good(y)

My fire shrimp is always out in the same spot. He also attempts to cleans my finger nails. I've had skunk shrimp in the past and they are a little more active than the fire shrimp.

I'd probably go with the gold coral banded as well, thats because I've never had one. They are really cool looking though. They are all good choices. My skunk cleaner was pretty interesting. He always cleaned my cuticles when my hand was in the tank. Not shy by no means. He also snatched my food out of my corals mouths, and that's why he's gone.

Bri,

When you come to see my tank you can see my fire shrimp. He is out and about a lot but not as much as the skunk I had in my other tank. The bright red color is what sold me on the shrimp adds a lot of interest to the tank.

Just noticed it was me and you this week in fantasy, I'll have to avenge my bears :p

Lol to bad you won't be winning this week...
In reefing news I went over to ziggys and checked out his tank (y)! Nice to meet a fellow forum member and reefer so close :)

Lol to bad you won't be winning this week...
In reefing news I went over to ziggys and checked out his tank (y)! Nice to meet a fellow forum member and reefer so close :)

It was nice to meet you and your GF. You are welcome over anytime.

Keep me posted on the potential upgrade so I can help you with that stand!

Love my skunk cleaner. It'll eat from my hand and always friendly.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's been a while since I updated this thread. No new shrimp yet unfortunately. But corals are doing phenomenal and I have a dosing schedule down. I'll try to get some photos up later tonight

Oh crap I forgot haha. When I get home from work tonight I'll get them up!

AyHZFOj.jpg

mcHMk2V.jpg
ZwPtsR7.jpg
90tX0Lq.jpg
8EWvASI.jpg

Back
Top Bottom