Bribo's 20 gallon rimless reef/Eventual 40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha he has free shipping so I just said screw it! Much cheaper than buying from the lfs lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Haha he has free shipping so I just said screw it! Much cheaper than buying from the lfs lol

That is exactly why I did it! Great deal and I'm pleased with the work they are doing. I've had a few kick the bucket but that is/was to be expected. I bet I lost less than 1%

I now officially have a snail army! Be afraid algae...be very afraid!

Haha, sounds like john, I just ordered 5 trochus, 3 hermits and a emerald, well see what turns up

Haha, sounds like john, I just ordered 5 trochus, 3 hermits and a emerald, well see what turns up

Yeah I got at least double the amount of dwarf ceriths and then a couple more of all the others! He knows how to keep his customers!

Other than the vinegar I cannot figure out what in the past 2 months I've changed... Certain sps are brown and I've lost tissue on my pink birdsnest. :banghead: growth has also been quite slow these past 2 months

I need to not throw so much crap in my tank. I think I'm over analyzing everything and making life much harder for myself and corals

Other than the vinegar I cannot figure out what in the past 2 months I've changed... Certain sps are brown and I've lost tissue on my pink birdsnest. :banghead: growth has also been quite slow these past 2 months

I need to not throw so much crap in my tank. I think I'm over analyzing everything and making life much harder for myself and corals

Have your levels started falling faster than they were? Although that wouldn't brown them......

Have your levels started falling faster than they were? Although that wouldn't brown them......

Not that I have noticed. I think I had an alk swing at some point. Just don't know when. My red planet has had a bit of die off too but only where it's shaded.

Hmmm...Interesting issues. I would be interested in seeing the tank and forming an opinion of what I think has caused the issue.

Hmmm...Interesting issues. I would be interested in seeing the tank and forming an opinion of what I think has caused the issue.

Lol I'll get pics up tonight. I'll try to get shots of the issues.

Red planet
ZNuxO8F.jpg

Dueling torches
9KkrDLl.jpg

Brown rainbow monti...
3I2EnR9.jpg

Pink birdsnest (can see te white skeleton behind it) oh and my happy as hell dendro!
tuHUJKl.jpg

And cool fts so I don't feel bad about ugly corals lol
mhjzOJl.jpg

Has anything changed with the light? FTS looks good btw. Hope you can get the problem figured out.

No lighting changes Paul. I did just change up flow but this occurred before that. I'm really thinking something happened with my alk and I just didn't notice lol. Oops. Need to be more careful.

It'll bounce back Bribo! Doesn't look as bad as you made it sound IMO. Maybe just upgrade early and be done with this tank lol?

Lol it really isn't that bad...I'm just meticulous about my tank! People come over and are amazed by it and I'm just sitting there like that could be a better color, there's algae, that coral lost tissue...haha. I need to stop looking at the bad and realize how beautiful it truly is!

Lol it really isn't that bad...I'm just meticulous about my tank! People come over and are amazed by it and I'm just sitting there like that could be a better color, there's algae, that coral lost tissue...haha. I need to stop looking at the bad and realize how beautiful it truly is!

I know exactly what you mean! It can always be better or bigger right? Yep, but stop and look what you have as opposed to what you started off with.
"I need to stop looking at the bad and realize how beautiful it truly is!" <Very true!

Yeah it really is hard to not notice the tiny details! Lol but then you take a step back and realize you have this beautiful piece of the reef that you care for and it's all good :D.

I may be throwing a 5 gallon fuge underneath just for good measure lol

Yeah it really is hard to not notice the tiny details! Lol but then you take a step back and realize you have this beautiful piece of the reef that you care for and it's all good :D.

I may be throwing a 5 gallon fuge underneath just for good measure lol

Very true! Do you already have a sump? If not I'd at least make it a 10g to make it worth the while. Water volume is a good thing, plus it will give you a lot more room to work with it.

Back
Top Bottom