Bribo's 29 gallon "Plantover"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bribo12

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my 29g fw tank has been fake plants and a thing of java fern for about 2 years now and I'm bored with it. I've decided I'd like to plant it! I'll be going with a finnex planted + for lighting and using Eco complete as substrate. I'd like to grow ludwigia, rotala, different crypts, java moss and probably some other stuff. I'll be removing my 1/2" gravel substrate in the next week or so and adding Eco complete.

Questions: how many inches of Eco complete do I want? Do I need to dose anything or root tabs?

The tank
u0ZURYi.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Those plants are pretty easy to grow, but root tabs and some ferts couldn't hurt (well it could if you dose too much, but you catch my drift). Some people go all eco complete, others use like an inch and then cap it.

Those plants are pretty easy to grow, but root tabs and some ferts couldn't hurt (well it could if you dose too much, but you catch my drift). Some people go all eco complete, others use like an inch and then cap it.

Thanks for the reply icydeath. I'll probably just do all Eco complete, maybe 2-3" I guess

Are those denison barbs?! They grow to like 6" long and need at least a 55 gallon tank.

I have heard that if you are using a substrate designed for growing plants then you can wait 3-6 months before the plants use the nutrients in the substrate up. Not sure if this applies to Eco complete, but something to think about.

In other news I have a ton of 'mebbid' style root tabs that I made myself. I am trying to get rid of my extra so if you pay shipping I will give you a bunch :)

Sorry guys that's an old pic they went to a friends 75 a bit ago. The others are rummynose.

Um no I don't plan on co2. Should I?

Sorry guys that's an old pic they went to a friends 75 a bit ago. The others are rummynose.

Um no I don't plan on co2. Should I?

If you're going low tech there's really no need to.

Ok cool yeah trying to stay pretty low tech if I can. Gourami lover I may take you up on that. :)

You really don't need it with the plants you are growing. Just wondering is all. What do you plan on stocking in tank?

You really don't need it with the plants you are growing. Just wondering is all. What do you plan on stocking in tank?

The tanks already stocked. I have 8 rummies, an angel, 2 bumblebee cats, a spotted Raphael and an L-002 gold tiger pleco.

Just finished replacing the substrate!! A little cloudy but it's clearing up

GouramiLover, think I could get some? I would have to ask first, but if I can I will PM you.

No problem at all. I'll let you know. Here's the new scape with the Eco complete in
rejj8Wx.jpg

Nice. I have a 29g as well. Are you planning on running co2? I also have the planted plus, but I run two with pressurized co2 with fluorite substrate.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks pitbully I think I'm gonna stay low tech. I don't want to much work lol

Lol...i said that too, now look at me. The AA community will definitely help you spend your money.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom