Bristlenose eggs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_skyla_

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone, I've just noticed my bristlenose plecos have bred for the first time. I didn't have a breeding log or anything in there so it's a surprise. They picked an interesting spot to lay underneath and sort if I between my piece of goldvine wood. I don't know if they will be ok there or not, I see some seem to have fallen on the ground? How long does it usually take to hatch? And what are the chances of survival in a community tank with my Angel fish ? I see dad is guarding them, will he protect them and raise them? It would be interesting to see what they end up like since dad's an albino long fin and mums a brown common.

So the eggs disappeared, I doth think of them made it :(
I put in two breeding logs last night to see if that helps. The other fish shouldn't be able to get to them if they lay in there.
So all morning I've noticed my longfin albino male has been sitting in the log and in the entrance. I don't know if they laid again last night, it's too dark in there for me to see anything.

Thanks I hope he is guarding eggs in that breeding log. He's still sitting in the entrance of it.

Back
Top Bottom