bristlenose pleco eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joselito76

Aquarium Advice Regular
I pull my drift wood out to plant some java ferm and i noticed the eggs of my bristlenose pleco. When i put the drift wood back in the water I saw one of the eggs ,well half egg half pleco swimming out ,just to see him getting eat by one of the loaches.Now what should I do? here are some pics.

Attachments

• IMGP2743.jpg
    IMGP2743.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 91
  • IMGP2744.jpg
    IMGP2744.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 109
Loaches have been known to eat some eggs from time to time, i would just let nature take its course unless you want to keep the eggs then i would suggest taking the log out and putting it in a qt or doing the same with the loaches.

CA broncofan is right. best separating the loaches from the eggs if you actually want to keep them :) otherwise just watch and hope that at least a few will survive. they usually will if they manage to hatch and there are plenty of hidey holes :)

If you can keep them from getting eaten. You will have some new ones running around.

the male should guard them until they hatch and get big enough to leave. after the other fish might eat them. maybe set up another tank if you wan to breed them.

woo hoo i found 3 fry in the filter they where a pain to get them out ,but finally i did. Here is a pic of 2 of them

Attachments

• IMGP2746.jpg
    IMGP2746.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 123
Back
Top Bottom