Bristlenose Pleco or Shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amesdrew

Aquarium Advice Activist
My planted tank is on the right track, and will have plenty of available places to hide. So, my question is would a calico or albino bristlenose be ok in my tank? or would shrimp work?

My stocking list will be:
10-12 Golden White Clouds
6-8 Serpae Tetra
Pair of Blue Rams
3 Zipper Loaches
1 Clown Pleco

This is not an immediate plan. I really want to know what might work, because I really think bottom dwelling creatures are the most interesting, and the clown pleco just isn't very exciting.

Any thoughts? am I overstocking? I have an aquaclear 50 right now but I am always willing to throw a sponge and a powerhead in the tank too!:cool:

Drew

First, what size tank?
Second, white clouds are cool-water fish, best kept around 70.
A pair of Ram's will want a temp around 80, which is warmer than most other fish should be kept.
Cichlids and/or loaches of just about any type will eat shrimp. Even if the shrimp is/are too big to fit into their mouths they'll pick the shrimp to pieces after molting, before the new shell hardens.

29 gallon. The white clouds are usually cooler water fish, but they can live at 78 degrees, which the rams will also agree with.

I know they will pick at shrimp, but what about wood shrimp?? I know they are a larger shrimp and might be able to handle it.

Back
Top Bottom