Bristlenose pleco question ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow...so many ABN and BBN affecionados! Piscesgirl, that pic is just too cute. Do you put the entire zucchini in (after peeling)?

Yes, Rich can obtain his very own BBN or ABN. He knows where to find us. :D

Zezmo - Your babies look just like mine. They are two months old and are really the cutest little things.

Rich has no room at the inn. I wish the stores would have had them when I was stocking the 36 before I came here. It was my preffered catfish, but I couldn't find any except for mail order.

Piscesgirl, that pic is just too cute.

Thank you :)

Do you put the entire zucchini in (after peeling)?

It's about a half a zuchinni. I got this from the girl I got him from (the breeder). I peel it (I'm always worried about pesticides), then slice just a bit off one side so some of the soft part is accessible (the pleco then creates a cave in it), and stick a fork, stainless steel purchased solely for this purpose, in the zuchinni with the tines facing down in the substrate. You can't see the fork in the picture but it's at the bottom. The zuchinni is raw and the fork holds it down. If the zuchinni is too big even the fork won't hold it down 8O

That pleco is just a crack up, though. Most of my fish are leery of me - including the pleco -- but he won't run from me. He does this kind of nonchalant shifting sideways (if he's on the glass) like "I'm too cool. I'm not scared of you but you aren't cool so I'm moving over here." hehe.

He does this kind of nonchalant shifting sideways (if he's on the glass) like "I'm too cool. I'm not scared of you but you aren't cool so I'm moving over here." hehe.

haha! I know exactly what you are talking about. I had a little pitbull pleco who was just as cute as could be, and a whopping 2 inches at the time. He would do the exact same thing when I was cleaning or placing food in the tank. Makes me want plecos again.

Dave, the breeder is in Winston Salem (actually Rural Hall) and if you want any, I can get you in contact with her. Just PM me your email addy.

Thanks for the hook up PG :)
I got 4 BN's from her tonight and now my tank is stocked.
I'll get some pix as soon as they come out.

Dave

Thanks for the hook up PG

I'm glad I was able to help! Especially because then no fish had to be shipped anywhere :) Local is good!

I got 4 BN's from her tonight and now my tank is stocked.
I'll get some pix as soon as they come out.

Cool! Can't wait to see them!!! Will you have 4 hidey places? I've heard bristlenoses sometimes don't like their own kind around -- no experience of my own on that though because I only have one.

Xzap said:
Now if I could just see 'em *lol*

Ya they are like that when you first put them in. I've had mine for a little over a month and he has started coming out more often and he'll lay on the driftwood under the anubias, or suck on the side of the petrified wood.

Jchillin said:
:mrgreen: Another one in the fold...LOL..

Good going Dave and congrats on your new additions.

Just got a mental image of you rubbing your hands together with an evil grin on your face. :p

Well, I seen 2 of them so far. Beautiful fish, really !

A question about skinnin' peas. I started feeding green peas to try and get the BN's out and found that EVERYBODY likes 'em.. from the swordtail to the bala sharks.

So, is there an easy way to peel these peas, can you buy them peeled ?
I've been squeezing them rather than trying to peel 'em.

Thx,

Dave

Back
Top Bottom