brittle star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

louiseberry

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I noticed yesterday my black brittle star lost a leg, is that normal? should i worry> hes been acting normal, that i can tell. I THOUGHT MAYBE MY BIG hermit crab may of tried to get him. I read bob fenners pages on brittles, and they said sometimes that happens.

had him for 7 months, tank is 150 gal,salt 1.025, temp 78,anomia and nitrite at 0, nitrate 10. we have 7 hermits, snails, yellow tang ,hippo tang, a true clown, black and white clown, sailfin, red flame, mandrian,six line wasse, tri blenny, a dotty ,cleaner shrimp and a coral banded shrimp, choc chip star

Could be nothing but those sixlines can be pretty aggresive to things that look like worms. One leg sticking out of the rock would be inviting to a sixline.

oh, never thought about that, i was leaning toward the huge hermit crabwe have or the new choc chip star we just put in, the benny does not like the choc chip i see him picking on him when hes on the sand

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom