Brittle stars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saarmd

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just noticed that I have at least 4 brittle stars. Not sure where they came from. I wasn't sure what they were but after looking them up, they look like micro brittle stars. They are about 2 inches long from the tip of one leg to another. Are these bad for corals? I saw them all over some of the corals and am not sure. I appreciate any input.

Most likely came with your lr. I had one come along with mine. Honestly only saw him once - the day I got it. they say they are nocturnal so mine jus chills in the hole I originally saw him. Haven't seen em since and my zoo's and toadstools leather r doing great.

I think I have one that hides under my LR, I noticed a worm like thing and tried to pull it out, but only got a tentacle. Still not sure if it is, but it looks like it. Hopefully w/e it is, it wont kill anything in my tank

Xtalreef

"MINI BRITTLE STARS
hhgood.jpg

Normally you won't see these guys. You'll just notice a small striped or white arm waving out from a hole in the rock. This is their normal behavior and they rarely come out from the rock. They are harmless in the tank and will reproduce if they have food."

Back
Top Bottom