Bronze cory lost all its colour??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ginty

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys has anyone ever seen this before?
Im currently doing a water test so results will follow. I have an api liquid test.

I have a 110 litre tank. And i use a fluval 206 filter. I also have an sponge airline filter in the tank also.

I have 2 guppies. 5 platties. 2 bronze corydoras and 2 peppered cordoras.

I was getting more corys but not until i get to the bottom of this first.

I think if you look closely it looks like his tail has been nipped at??
Would that make him get stressed and lose colour?
He looks more like an albino now but i can assure you he was bronze when i got him. Ive had him around two months.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1434307838793.jpg
    1434307838793.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 85
  • 1434307874469.jpg
    1434307874469.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 73
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 40
Ph: 8.1

Sorry I misread you were water changing instead of water testing. I know stress can cause it. I think cories are supposed to be in groups of 4-6 or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Any changes to tank around time of observation? Is he still white? Fish change color if the hardness of water changes or even around time lights turn on. They also change color for defense purposes. They do posses the ability to color change haha.

The only thing i can think of is i removed an anubias plant. But he was that colour before then. He is actually dead now. :(
I want to get more corys but i need to make sure theres nothing going on in my tank before i do.

Back
Top Bottom