Brooksters 29 gal rescape!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ha yeah, what I have for you will easily outgrow the 10 and the 5.5 and your other tanks. I have lots of Ludwigia Repens waiting to send you and this stuff grows like a weed, literally. All you have to do is snip and replant. As for the peacock gudgeons, give them a little cave, nothing huge, a sandy substrate, lots of plants and good food. They get along with just about anything their size, I have otos with mine and plan to add some pygmy cories. The males have more of a blunt head than the females, both have beautiful coloring, the female will have black edging on her fins. Don't worry if the male disappears for a long time, he's guarding eggs. For the longest time I thought my male died until I saw him chasing free swimming fry. Oh, and yeah, they will eat the fry. They're also pretty hardy, just make sure the tank is stable first. I have no problems with water changes.
:/ I don't know if I'll have room dragon.. I'm re doing my 10 this week to make room for a pair of apisto panduros I just can't leave at the Lfs.. I have to have them !!

Hmmm, ok, I thought you wanted them for the 29, but if not, no worries. I'll find someone local for pick up.

Did you still want any of the other plants I have for you?

Hmmm, ok, I thought you wanted them for the 29, but if not, no worries. I'll find someone local for pick up. Did you still want any of the other plants I have for you?
sorry dragon:( OS sent me a boatload! If only I had known I would have held off on buying any plants before hand.. I'd like some crypt and I have a spot in the 20 tall for the Ludwiga! And I still have a pair of apisto's with your name on them!!!

Ok, I'll send a few stems then instead of the bunch I was going to send. I have some crypts for you, and the secret special crypt. :)
thanks! I wish I could freeze plants.. Then I'd have some for a bigger setup when the times right!! Can't wait for the top secret service crypt!!

It's still.kind of dark..check it out, daylight photo mind you. .
uga4ejuz.jpg

Edit, oops that's not the 29..
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's where it's at, growth is slow hut healthy.. I'm going to actually add some of mebbid's root tabs later today so let's see if it helps..

Attachments

• 1401657677362.jpg
    1401657677362.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
What do you mean dark? Did you decide to go with the dark water?

Tank is looking healthy though. The plant to the left as you look at it looks super healthy

What do you mean dark? Did you decide to go with the dark water?

Tank is looking healthy though. The plant to the left as you look at it looks super healthy

Yah that's the tannin water 10 gal apisto tank.. I posted a current of the clear, bright 29..

That tank looks nice too mate. Is that a crypt wendti in the middle?

Thanks! Its a wendti yes, not red though,.it has filled in with some nice purple leaves rrcently..A lot of the plants along the sides are from OS (ar mini, vesuvius ,fisseden, bonsai.) and are just taking off.. the bonsai is still hurting a bit.. the fissedens is getting a good hold..

My AR mini is really the only plant yet to take off under the new light. Although there is new growth and it looks nice and red. I put new root tabs in the tank today so that may help a bit. Is that ammania bonsai you have?? I got a load of it that is looking great at the moment. Its just starting to get above 'grass level' lol. **** DHG!!! My fissedens is real slow going. Although i did cut up a big clump recently and zip tied all over my driftwood

Yes the ammania, is did a major melt off after the shipping.. the ar is looking the best out of the bunch, I'm not expecting it to stay tight to the substrate, than again I have a pretty heavy duty bulb over it.. 26 watt 6500k CFL just for that corner.. I'm anticipating some good growth I'm the next few months, I've switched to metricide at a higher dose and I'm going to order a gla dry ferts pack next week, and hopefully the magical root tabs help!
nemy3ahy.jpg

Haha nooo, beer goes in me and I make the pellets. . It's rather tedious you know

Back
Top Bottom