Brooksters 40b

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've ordered the substrate, have the tank and everything else I need.. occupants are chilling in the existing tanks..
Bml dutch
Sunsun 304b with inline reactor
Aquatek premium reg on a 5lb. Tank
Hydor nano powerhead
Possibly adding a fluval c4 with purigen. and floss
Substrate will be........
Brightwell capped with flourite sand all topped with black sand.. i know it will mix but I think it will do some serious work in the first few months.
Plants!!! No stems!!!! None !! Not even one... blyxa as a background, dhg up front, star repens sporadically placed around. Lil ar mini popping up here and there. If anything bcarl_10gal ' s mad scientific doings have succeeded in lately:p use little containers as planters! ! Blyxa hides stuff well! Like dead rams:( I'm going to mix it up a bit here. I'll be using a choice piece of dw to support the xmas (moss) tree and some sieryu stone piles for the pleco to chill inith and around. This thing is scheduled for execution next week or 2.. just gotta paint the room and build a massive stand... stay tuned, heard tt'$ 40 is pretty solid so that outta keep you guys entertained.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sounds awesome! Not to be a party pooper but I'm pretty sure blyxa is a stem plant :D From TFH Magazine Propagation: "Every few months, individual plants can be uprooted and gently separated at the connection points of the stem structure."
Hehe got ya.
can't wait to see 'er filled up and rollin! Rams are gonna love it!

Following along Brookster! Although i hate to break it to you but both blyxa and staurogyne repens are stem plants lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Should have specified.. no fast, tall growing stems.. ludwiga, rotala etc.. the 75 gal is next;)

This should be awesome! Thanks for the shout out! LOL

I've ordered the substrate, have the tank and everything else I need.. occupants are chilling in the existing tanks..
Bml dutch
Sunsun 304b with inline reactor
Aquatek premium reg on a 5lb. Tank
Hydor nano powerhead
Possibly adding a fluval c4 with purigen. and floss
Substrate will be........
Brightwell capped with flourite sand all topped with black sand.. i know it will mix but I think it will do some serious work in the first few months.
Plants!!! No stems!!!! None !! Not even one... blyxa as a background, dhg up front, star repens sporadically placed around. Lil ar mini popping up here and there. If anything bcarl_10gal ' s mad scientific doings have succeeded in lately:p use little containers as planters! ! Blyxa hides stuff well! Like dead rams:( I'm going to mix it up a bit here. I'll be using a choice piece of dw to support the xmas (moss) tree and some sieryu stone piles for the pleco to chill inith and around. This thing is scheduled for execution next week or 2.. just gotta paint the room and build a massive stand... stay tuned, heard tt'$ 40 is pretty solid so that outta keep you guys entertained.

You're on your way Brookster...subbed bruh...

sit in silence...

The anti-Dutch* theme...how refreshing!

* my wording might be misinterpreted. In no way intended as a slight against the Dutch people.

Very interesting the progression of plant selection and themes.

The anti-Dutch* theme...how refreshing!

* my wording might be misinterpreted. In no way intended as a slight against the Dutch people.

Very interesting the progression of plant selection and themes.

I like the mossy tank pic you posted a while back. Xmas moss layers up nicely, think I can make it work. Like dutch scapes and all. Just want something flat.. big shoal of tetras or something to occupy the void.

I like the mossy tank pic you posted a while back. Xmas moss layers up nicely, think I can make it work. Like dutch scapes and all. Just want something flat.. big shoal of tetras or something to occupy the void.

Here it is again:
X4hyozv.png
Plenty of space for a big shoal. I like the possible low maintenance aspects of this setup (if I were able to create something like this).

Here it is again:
X4hyozv.png
Plenty of space for a big shoal. I like the possible low maintenance aspects of this setup (if I were able to create something like this).

Fresh you can do it!

sit in silence...

Got some dw on sale, box showed up today! Waiting on substrate delivery..

Gonna need some EBRs fer that thing.... Bruh. I just so happened to pick up 2 breeding pairs of them saturday. Lol..... Thanks for the compliment on my tank in the other thread. How is the hard hat zone coming along?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Following along Brookster! Although i hate to break it to you but both blyxa and staurogyne repens are stem plants lol

Just thought the same thing lol

Following this one.

Do you think the blyxa is going to be tall enough to be an effective background plant? 18" without substrate so say 15-16" with and blyxa gets what 6" at the absolute max that leaves alot of vertical space open.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Gonna need some EBRs fer that thing.... Bruh. I just so happened to pick up 2 breeding pairs of them saturday. Lol..... Thanks for the compliment on my tank in the other thread. How is the hard hat zone coming along?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lets see some pics of them EBRs!
Those GBR you grabbed me look outrageous!

X4hyozv.png

I want this tank!!!
For real!

Back
Top Bottom