brown algea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spickydan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I now and again get like a brown algea on the rocks and glass of my tank when i clean my glass with my magnetic cleaner it comes of like a dust is this due to having my sole led lighting to high i run my lights at white 80% blue at 90% royal blue at 90% if this is causeing it can anybody advise me on on what settings my lights need to be on plus what ramp up period needs to be i also get this brown algea on some of my corals :thanks:

]Bavass is right...two of the most common nutrients that cause brown or red slime algae/bacteria are Phosphates and Nitrates. Check your system's wate, and also your tap water or r/o water. If your fresh water is reading 0ppm, then it's in your system. There are many chemicals and supplements out there that can help with this problem. Unfortunately for me, I have yet to find one that works for me. I'm in the early stages of building a Denitrator. I have been fighting Red Slime for 2 years, and I have run out of options. Hopefully, your issue isn't as severe as mine.

Good Luck(y)

tchampion said:
]Bavass is right...two of the most common nutrients that cause brown or red slime algae/bacteria are Phosphates and Nitrates. Check your system's wate, and also your tap water or r/o water. If your fresh water is reading 0ppm, then it's in your system. There are many chemicals and supplements out there that can help with this problem. Unfortunately for me, I have yet to find one that works for me. I'm in the early stages of building a Denitrator. I have been fighting Red Slime for 2 years, and I have run out of options. Hopefully, your issue isn't as severe as mine.

Good Luck(y)

Hows your flow

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom