Brown Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just took the glass top off the tank, there is a lot more light in the tank now. I am going to run it this way for now.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

I have a med-low light, low tech tanks and my swords always looked like crap. The last remaining one is now floating for the betta to play with until it looks so bad that I toss it. I think they need a much more fertile bed for the roots to feed and Med - High lights if they are the thrive. I haven't had experience with the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If it bothers you that the Amazon swords died off add the recommended dosage of liquid carbon to your tank and watch them take off. Amazon swords will feed through their leaves pretty ok and many professional Aqua scapers grow them just fine in gravel with EI nutrient dosing.

But nothing was resolved??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If it bothers you that the Amazon swords died off add the recommended dosage of liquid carbon to your tank and watch them take off. Amazon swords will feed through their leaves pretty ok and many professional Aqua scapers grow them just fine in gravel with EI nutrient dosing.

Staying strictly low tech. No carbon additives for this girl. Liquid or gas, lol. I removed my bubbler and that's all they get.

Be Careful of algae if u increased the light.
Also by increasing light u need to increase ferts and co2 aswell.

Goodluck

30g planted, 90g Oscar tank

Staying strictly low tech. No carbon additives for this girl. Liquid or gas, lol. I removed my bubbler and that's all they get.

Like I said, if it bothers you ? I didn't think it did.

Like I said, if it bothers you ? I didn't think it did.

Plants cringe when I shop. No patience for the needy. And no one will find the body. ?

Back
Top Bottom