brown spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlazedSaint

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys so my anubius arnt lookin so good some of the leaves have like brown spots(shadowish) roots seem to be growing well but leaves lookin a lil rough

A picture would help a lot as it's hard to say what the problem is without seeing it.

Apologize for slight cloudiness my tank is dealing with a bacteria bloom I was feeding to much and I think I did to many water changes and restarted my cycle
ForumRunner_20130823_203650.jpg

I'm using seachem flourish and will be getting some flourish excel next Friday but also been doing a every other day water changes all week due to bloom

Can you brush it off? Could it just be an algae on the leaves? It's not easy to tell from these pictures.

Flourish is pretty much all micro nutrients with a touch of macro's so it is easy to have a potassium deficiency when using that as a sole fertilizer.

Can you brush it off? Could it just be an algae on the leaves? It's not easy to tell from these pictures.

ya i know, HDMI Cell Camera my A%% : ) lol i need a real digital camera : ), but there is like algae on them and i brush it off daily or my platys eat it off, but there are like dark spots on(seems like in) the leaves that i cant brush off, i got some API Co2 Booster(Wanted Excel But literally no-one carries it), so ill dose the tank with it tonight, any other suggestions? the plants have been in tank for about 3 weeks, i got them from a creditable website(liveaquaria.com), tank has been set up for 4 weeks, however i think i had a cycle crash, as im getting ammonia readings, and no nitrite/nitrate, but im going to do a big water change, then use the safe start, will also dose with co2 booster and flourish

ya i know, HDMI Cell Camera my A%% : ) lol i need a real digital camera : ), but there is like algae on them and i brush it off daily or my platys eat it off, but there are like dark spots on(seems like in) the leaves that i cant brush off, i got some API Co2 Booster(Wanted Excel But literally no-one carries it), so ill dose the tank with it tonight, any other suggestions? the plants have been in tank for about 3 weeks, i got them from a creditable website(liveaquaria.com), tank has been set up for 4 weeks, however i think i had a cycle crash, as im getting ammonia readings, and no nitrite/nitrate, but im going to do a big water change, then use the safe start, will also dose with co2 booster and flourish

API CO2 Booster, Excel, and Glutaraldehyde are the same. I use the "generic" Glut as it's way cheaper.

What is your ph?

API CO2 Booster, Excel, and Glutaraldehyde are the same. I use the "generic" Glut as it's way cheaper.

What is your ph?

Right on, ill get some potassium to add to the tank, and i just like the excel because everything else im using is seachem( im a loyal brand kinda guy) but ill dose with flourish and co2 booster and see what happens, i know there is some potassium in flourish(atleast the bottle says so) so if nothing has changed ill look into some potassium, on a side note, i got some of the plant bulbs from walmart as a cheap experiment, and they are sprouting and looking great, could all this be the plants still getting settled in, or even a reaction to my cycle crash?

The reason I asked what your ph happens to be is because if ph falls to below 6.5 biological activity slows and if ph falls to 6 or below biological activity stops and BB slowly begins to die off.

The reason I asked what your ph happens to be is because if ph falls to below 6.5 biological activity slows and if ph falls to 6 or below biological activity stops and BB slowly begins to die off.

ooooo, sorry missed your "whats your ph question", ph stays between 7.4 and 7.6

Added Co2 supplement and algae immediately started subsiding, and my tall anubias "c" actually started to grow a few new big roots overnight!

Added Co2 supplement and algae immediately started subsiding, and my tall anubias "c" actually started to grow a few new big roots overnight!

I use it in all my tanks, even the one's with CO2. It can make a big difference when used daily. But also remember that when plants grow more they are going to need and use more ferts.

10-4 I agree its great stuff and I'll remember that right now I'm dosing with flourish 1x a week and treating for 20 out of 29 gallons for Co2 daily but will increase as my bulbs grow plants grow and I add more, I want another piece of driftwood with a few more anubias

Back
Top Bottom