Brown stuff on leaves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddodad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi guys little guidance please. All of a sudden this brown stuff started to appear on the leaves. The plants seemed to not be doing well I put I some root tabs and changed the light bulbs. Now the plants seem to be doing worst and I'm constantly finding pieces floating

Thanks

Attachments

• image-27730328.jpg
    image-27730328.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 60
  • image-3517190127.jpg
    image-3517190127.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 67
Google diatoms. They will go away on their own, not sure if it will be fast enough to save your plants though. Get a phosphate remover to speed up them going away(they feed off of silicates) and shorten your photoperiod or go blackout for a couple days

What type of lights do you have? Do you dose ferts? Co2? Photoperiod?
From the pics it looks like diatoms and the previous post was right. Once they cover your plant leaves photosynthesis is shut down.
How old is your setup?

You can also mechanically remove it by wipin it away too. That'll only help in the short term though. They will go away eventually.

Leaves falling off could be a sign of light or nutrient deficiency. I had that problem and it was light based.

Very true, I did forget to mention rubbing the algae off your plants my bad. Do that then the other things I suggested, it all help

Back
Top Bottom