Brown stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ga1981

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello,
I have this brown stuff growing all over my tank,anyone know what is it and solution?
I just move my stock from a 30 to a 70 g saltwater 2 weeks ago,also new sand bed, I used seacheem dry sand...
I don't know if is diatom or dino.
Thank you

Not so golden???,
I told so, but I been reading about dino and got worried....
I guess I have just to wait before they disappear,or I can do something about it?

Diatoms will go away on there own once they use up all the silicates in the new sand

Even my cheto in the refugium got some on it, and a few bubble too

I'm using phyto feast, to grow some pods, could that be the cause of the algae grow? The label say contains golden algae

A week or so, possibly a few weeks depending on how much silicate is present.

Just keep up the maintenance (ie regular water changes) and it should subside. If it goes away and comes back you need to re-look at what you are doing and using in the tank that is possibly feeding them.

Brown diatoms feed on silicate and silicic acid.

Looks like Diatom bloom.

How long you are running ur light. And what is ur aquarium age?
Basically if u reduce lighting time and give it some time it will go by its own.
Hermit crabs will help alot as well.

Looks like Diatom bloom.

How long you are running ur light. And what is ur aquarium age?
Basically if u reduce lighting time and give it some time it will go by its own.
Hermit crabs will help alot as well.

Lighting really has no effect on diatoms.

Lighting really has no effect on diatoms.

This... They are most likely present because of the new sand. The silicate feeds them. Once the silicate is gone, so are the brown diatoms. Lighting does not affect this.

They will just go away in time, assuming you aren't continually adding silicates to
Your tank.

Back
Top Bottom